Once your WordPress open source blog service is set up and ready to operate, this will be the ideal process to ensure your site is optimized for use.
- Log in – preferably using an existing account from a social site. If you are having problems finding the login page it is (www.yourdomainname.com)/wp-login.php
( once you login, send us an email so that we can change your user settings so that you may add content. )
- Once your settings are changed, you should familiarize yourself with the dashboard, positioned at the upper left hand of the admin area. Under the dashboard is Posts, Media, Links, Pages, Comments, Appearance, Plugins, Users, Tools, Settings and potentially a few more options.
- The most important thing to realize about creating new content is that a Post will update to your home page, or starting page. A page is a static item that would be reserved for things such as a product, old posts, company info, and content that is not likely to be updated frequently, and should have some sort and order. Ex: Product Page will be a parent to the children pages of childrens tie dye shirts, tote bags and pillow cases.
- When creating new content I recommend that you keep the titles as simple and pointed as possible. Ex: title: Childrens tie dye shirt
- To add a Post simply click add new post, and the same is for a page. Once you add the appropriate text you can add images, video, music, or other media such as a .pdf. These features are found directly above the gray text area, under the title and permalink.
- Permalinks are very important, if for any reason your permalink is not very similar to your title, click edit, then erase all text in the permalink edit area, click ok, it should correct the permalink. If for some reason that step does not correct the issue, contact us immediately to resolve the issue. ( if you are an administrator, check to see if the Headspace2 plugin is installed, activated and working )
- After you add all your text, (and have it spell checked) you will want to visit the upper far right side labeled “Tags” and click Yahoo suggest, this feature will show some helpful keywords that you should add to the item. Choose wisely and limit the total amount of tags to around 7.
- If everything is working correctly and you know your site has a Twitter account, all new post, and pages will be tweeted upon publishing or even updating. If you do not want your post or page to be tweeted, look at the very bottom of the page and check the “don’t tweet this post box.”
To add images to your Library simply click add new and upload them from your computer. For any other problems not covered here, please contact us at pr at austintxadvertising dot com.